Stations of the Cross are Cancelled for the rest of Lent. To pray with Fr. Von, click the link
In this trying time, I remind you to keep your eyes on Jesus! He loves you deeply! We have increased our posting to Facebook and YouTube (see Fr. Von’s Homilies), so stay connected. For continuing formation and great Catholic Movies, check out FORMED.org. Bishop Libasci has asked that we offer Confessions each day during this time. See below.
HOLY WEEK – The Sacred Triduum will be private, but we will live-stream it on Facebook and broadcast it on PTV.
Please check out some Family Activities attached below.
Stay healthy, but know that even if sick, God can use this for His glory and your good. God bless.
–Fr. Von, Pastor
- DRESS IN SUNDAY BEST
- CLEAN THE AREA YOU PARTICIPATE IN MASS FROM TO MAKE IT DEVOID OF AS MANY DISTRACTIONS AS POSSIBLE – I KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS AS MOST OF US ARE WORSHIPPING FROM OUR LIVING ROOMS.
- PUT DOWN TOWELS OR EXERCISE MATS FOR KNEELERS
- PUT UP A PAIR OF CANDLES NEAR WHERE YOU ARE STREAMING THE MASS
- CHAIRS INSTEAD OF SOFAS – AND SOMETHING THAT THE KIDS CAN REST THEIR ARMS ON WHILE KNEELING – PROVIDES THE COMFORT THAT THE PEW IN FRONT WOULD IF YOU WERE AT MASS WHEN KNEELING.
- HAVE HOLY WATER IN A SMALL GLASS BOWL FOR EVERYONE TO BLESS THEMSELVES WITH BEFORE MASS
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE HOLY WATER OUR CHURCH IS STILL OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER AND YOU CAN TAKE AN EMPTY WATER BOTTLE AND FILL IT WITH HOLY WATER AT THE BACK OF THE CHURCH.
- The Liturgical color for Palm Sunday is red for the Passion. Have everyone where red to incorporate this into your celebration of the liturgy.
- Reread the Passion together as a Family from a Children’s Bible
- Take down your Palms from last year and dust them off for this year and hand them out for everyone to hold. They are a little brittle but still Blessed!
- Collect up any fake greenery you have around your house and decorate your TV area with it to give the effect of the altar decorated with Palms
- Have the kids process into the room with their palms and maybe even designate one as the Cross bearer to serve the Mass that week. You could make a simple cross with two large sticks or take a crucifix or Cross you might already have around the house.
- Make Homemade Palms!
- Palms are the symbol of Jewish Nationalism. They signify that the people of Isreal were welcoming Christ into Jerusalem as a King!
- The triumphant entry of Christ into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday is a reflection of Solomon from the Old Testament. He also rode into Jerusalem to receive his crown on a Donkey. Solomon is the first King of Israel who is referred to as the Prince of Peace. Jesus is making this point clear for all the Israelites by riding into Jerusalem on a Donkey.
Find the readings on the USCCB’s Website: cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/040920-lord-s-supper.cfm
Find the readings on the USCCB’s Website: cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/041020.cfm
Find the readings on the USCCB’s Website: cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/041120.cfm
Holy Week Confession Schedule
Tuesday 10:00 am
Wednesday 7:00 pm (during Adoration)
Holy Thursday 9:00 am
Good Friday Noon-2:30 pm
How to make a Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.